Quakertown Obedience Training
Serving Clients in Sellersville & the Surrounding Areas In Quakertown
Attention all dogs: Enroll your owner in obedience training classes in Quakertown!
Your owner will be taught:
- How to understand you
- How to communicate with you
- How smart you (the dog) really are
- Techniques in heeling, sitting, staying, lying down, and coming when called
- Problem-solving techniques for jumping, biting, digging, chewing and more
Dog Training Classes Available
New classes are forming now! Led by instructor Angelina Worman, CGC (Canine Good Citizen) Evaluator, CPDT-KA (Certified Professional Dog Trainer, Knowledge Assessed), Quakertown Veterinary Clinic proudly offers a wide range of pet obedience training courses in Quakertown. All classes involve positive training techniques utilizing motivation, redirection, and reward.
Our dog training classes include:
- Puppy Kindergarten – 4 weeks: For puppies ages 10 weeks to 6 months old; focus on socialization, jumping, bite inhibition, commands (sit, down, etc.), housebreaking, consistency when training, and leash manners.
- Madness to Manners – 4 weeks (Wednesdays; please call for dates): This four-week program is for pups ages five and a half months to three years old. We focus on mouthing/biting, jumping, counter surfing, food stealing, barking, commands (sit, down, come, wait, place, and leave it), leash manners (an intro to heeling), and focus. An enrichment activity is given each week to help curb boredom.
- Adolescent – 6 weeks: For dogs ages six months to three years old. Continued focus on socialization, commands (sit, down, leave it, stay, etc.), and heeling on leash. Rescued dogs receive a 10% discount with proof of adoption.
- Agility for Fun – 4 weeks: Must be 14 months or older to ensure growth plates are closed; larger breeds must be 18 months or older. Dog should know sit, down, and stay. Training includes tunnel, jump, tire jump, A-frame, and teeter.
- Reactive Training – 6 weeks: For reactive dogs (dogs who are reactive to people or other dogs); must speak to trainer prior to sign up.
- Canine Good Citizen: Earn a Canine Good Citizen (CGC) title from American Kennel Club.
Note: You will be notified 1 hour prior to any class called off by the instructor due to bad weather, and the class will be made up at a later date. All dogs must be up to date on vaccinations and must have the Bordetella vaccination. If you are not a client of our clinic, proof of vaccination will be required.
Additional classes scheduled periodically. Call for complete class schedule and curriculum: (215) 515-8810.
“I felt extremely comfortable with my horse in their care.”- McKenzie M.
“We wish we could clone Dr. Denardo as the prototype for all Veterinaries.”- Cindy O.
“I have always had excellent care at Quakertown Veternarian!”- Michelle W.