QUAKERTOWN EXOTIC PETS VETERINARIAN
Treating a Variety of Exotic Pets in Quakertown
Quakertown Veterinary Clinic treats and cares for various exotic species. Our doctor will be accepting exotic appointments throughout the week and some Saturday appointments are also available. If your pet is in need of immediate attention, please call us to check availability. We strive for the best care possible for these amazing creatures that enrich our lives – we can help you enrich theirs by helping you understand their needs. After all, they are part of our family our friends and our companions.
We treat and care for various exotic species including:
- All types of birds
- Guinea pigs
- Non-venomous snakes
Some of the services we provide include:
- Annual health or wellness exams
- Diagnosis and management of medical and behavioral problems
- Emergency services
- Dental services
- Spaying/neutering/soft tissue surgery
- Digital radiographs
Some of the medical and behavioral issues we treat and manage with exotic pets include:
- Respiratory issues
- Reproductive issues
- Soft tissue injuries
- Dental problems including abscesses
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Some cancerous diseases
- Urinary issues
- Husbandry issues
- Nutritional issues
- Eye problems
Why Should I Take My Bird To A Veterinarian?
Most people who purchase a bird are looking for a long-term, satisfying
relationship with their bird. An avian veterinarian can have a vital role
in this relationship.
Your Avian Veterinarian Can Help You:
- Decide what type of bird is the right choice for you and your family. Even before you purchase a bird an avian veterinarian can help you distinguish between the characteristics and requirements of various birds. In addition, the avian veterinarian may be a source for established breeders and avian rescue groups. This information may assist you in choosing the bird that fits your lifestyle and home best.
- Start with a healthy bird. Everyone seems to know that when you purchase a dog or a cat that it should be taken to the veterinarian to be “checked out.” But, not everyone thinks that this should be done for birds. A “first time check up” for your bird is needed. It is needed not only to protect your financial and emotional investment in the bird, but to also protect other birds, pets and humans in the home. Many bird diseases that can harm others may not be obvious to see. Ask your veterinarian about screening for chlamydiosis, bacteria, parasites and some viral diseases.
- Learn how to house and feed your new bird. Your avian veterinarian can help you determine the kind of accessories to buy your bird- the cage, water utensils, safe toys. In addition, your veterinarian can educate you about what type of diet your bird needs.
- Have a well trained, responsive bird. Most avian veterinarians offer behavior modification programs where the bird and owner learn together that biting, screaming, feather picking and other vices are not acceptable in the home environment. With time, patience and commitment you and your bird should have an enjoyable relationship with each other.
- Establish normal medical criteria. It is useful to have your avian veterinarian establish “normal” test values and other medical criteria for an individual bird so that any signs of illness can be detected and treated early.
Schedule Your Exotic Pet Care Appointment in Quakertown
We have extensive experience treating a wide variety of exotic pets. Our Quakertown veterinarians have gone to great lengths to ensure that our veterinary clinic offers excellent care specifically for exotics. From wellness to emergency care, our team can help. Contact us to schedule your exotic pet's appointment.
Please call us at (215) 515-8810 to discuss the needs of your small animal, or (215) 515-6909 to discuss your large animal or horse. You may also contact us online.
Caring for Your Whole Family.See What Makes Us Different.
Quakertown Veterinary Clinic is proud to offer state-of-the-art technology to provide your pet with the highest level of care and diagnostic services.
Caring for All Types of Animals
At Quakertown Veterinary Clinic we are proud to serve all your animals' needs, whether you have a sick horse or a hurt cat, we are ready to care for them.
We know that an emergency can happen at any time and that is why we offer 24-hour emergency care for dogs, cats, horses, farm animals & exotic pets.
Real Stories, from Real Owners.
“Thank you, Dr. Forsyth”- Elaine S.
“Great, Caring Service”- Shannan DiSanto
“Dr. Olivia Newman”- Jim Jamison and Allison Bobst