Veterinary Reproduction Services in Quakertown
Professional Dog Breeding Assistance
The Quakertown Veterinary Clinic dog reproduction service, offers semen freezing and storage. Freezing semen—along with our other programs of complete reproductive evaluation, reproductive timing, and artificial insemination of fresh and chilled semen—combine to form a complete reproductive program that helps ensure reproductive success.
To learn more about our dog reproduction services in Quakertown, including surgical insemination, please contact us online, call (215) 515-8810 for small animals, or (215) 515-6909 for large animals to make an appointment.
Reproduction Services We offer
We offer a full scope of canine reproduction services, including:
- Comprehensive reproductive evaluation
- Reproductive timing
- Surgical insemination
- Shipment of fresh chilled semen to anywhere in the U.S.
- Semen freezing and storage
Advantages of Using Frozen Semen for Canine Reproduction
There are many reasons to consider freezing semen for the purpose of canine reproduction. Some of the benefits of doing so include:
- Using frozen semen provides the assurance that the genetic pool is preserved in the event that the dog becomes incapacitated or dies.
- Frozen semen increases the marketing potential internationally. There are few places that semen cannot be shipped in three days. Present shipping container technology will keep semen frozen for at least 21 days without fear of premature thaw.
- It allows for less time and expense spent on travel for the female.
- It also affords the stud time on the show circuit while still being used for reproduction.
- The quality of the semen is evaluated before insemination.
- In most instances, it allows more than one breeding per ejaculation. This allows studs to be proven quicker and makes more semen available.
- Frozen semen allows positive control of infectious disease.
- Frozen semen also allows indefinite storage of genetic material. To use it properly, one must prepare long in advance prior to the date of breeding to ensure the female is properly evaluated and a trained reproductive veterinarian is available to time and inseminate the female.
For more information on our Quakertown canine reproduction services, please contact Dr. Sandy Orben at the Quakertown Veterinary Clinic.
“My new hero!”- alissa Sauls
“AMAZING STAFF! They are angels here on Earth!”- Jennifer Reifsnyder
“I felt extremely comfortable with my horse in their care.”- McKenzie M.